Today's post is from the blog famous, Mama Kat from
Mama Kat's Losin' It.
I have had the pleasure of meeting Mama Kat in real life and she has become not just one of my bloggy friends but a real life friend as well.
I love Mama Kat's sense of humor. She makes me laugh all the time and her compassion is a force to be hold.
I look up to her like a big sister.
And when I grow up, I want to be just like her.
She is full of great life lessons, a constant teacher.
******
Mama Kat's Losin' It.
I have had the pleasure of meeting Mama Kat in real life and she has become not just one of my bloggy friends but a real life friend as well.
I love Mama Kat's sense of humor. She makes me laugh all the time and her compassion is a force to be hold.
I look up to her like a big sister.
And when I grow up, I want to be just like her.
She is full of great life lessons, a constant teacher.
******
What NOT to do to keep your children occupied while you spend time on the computer...ahem...from what I've heard:
-Do not respond to requests from your child by repeating the phrase "I'm not your mother" or "That sounds good why don't you ask your mom"...this will only frustrate your child and cause them to act out in a way that forces you to disrupt your "business" online.
-Do not give your four year old permission to pour her own cereal. Inevitably this will lead to more work for you than is necessary.
-Do not give your children a bucket of bird seed or rice to sift through and then leave them unattended.
-Do not assume that because you can't hear your children that they are reading quietly to themselves in a corner.
-Do not leave your child alone with a basket of folded laundry.
-Do not encourage your child to start their own blog and have them "follow" you on yours.
-Do not demand that your child clean up his mess in the playroom and than act ASTONISHED that it's still a mess ten minutes later.
-Do not eat ice cream while blogging in front of your child and explain that you're conducting a giveaway review on said ice cream which is why you MUST eat it and they must not.
-Do not distract your kids by telling them to go "find Dad and check out what he's building" when you know full well that Dad is not home....ummm...never mind...do do that...it's brilliant....but may lead to some disappointment.
And finally...
-Do not tell your child you will take them to Disneyland if they play quietly for 20 minutes and then hope they'll later forget the promise. They won't.







31 comments:
No, they won't. In our house, if it get's quiet it means trouble.
Those are all great NOT TO tips!
Ah yes....the infamous left along laundry basket technique. Why haven't I learned that this just doesn't work....LOL!
Great "tips"!
~ Jennifer
http://thetoyboxyears.blogspot.com
I love it! Tell them to go find their dad who isn't home...brilliant!
Rolling. Eating ice cream in front of them and not letting them have any?
I've been known to tell them, "daddy's calling you. Go see what he wants". Or, "was that daddy I just heard getting home" when I know full well he's not home.
good thing i promised disney world...i would've totally been in trouble :)
Funny!
Love it! Haha.
NONE of that EVER happens in my house...except all of them
too funny!
Funny list. We just have to take our son to another room or he beats on the computer. I look forward to the day when offering him bribes will work.
Mama Kat is the best
although I do enjoy telling my kids "she doesn't live here anymore" and "that is not my name anymore and I will not answer you until you figure out my new name"
as I type mine and the one of the ones I watch a quietly playing leap frog down the hallway and I am pretty sure I just heard and ouch maybe I will check into that, or maybe not I don't hear anyone crying:)
My child got quiet as I yelled at him from across the house to give me a minute to read this. So what you're telling me is that I better go check out the new pooh art on the wall?
Excellent.
LOL!
Very good advice. :)
And yes, silence scares me.
They never forget...
Lol! I am not your mom.. love it.
What?!?? What blogging mommy has a basket of FOLDED laundry sitting around? I have a load in the wwasher, a load in the dryer, and a pile climbing the heaight of my wall balanced precariously ON tOP of my full of unfolded clothes laundry basket. Who folds your laundry?!!!!!
LOL! That Kat is a hoot!
Excellent advice!
I myself have made the rice mistake...it was dried beans but I am sure the outcome was the same!
I would never get away with the "not your mom." my kids would either laugh at me, or roll their eyes. or both. haha.
Try this one... POOF! Be gone. (Must be done with a sound effect on the word itself POOF! using both hands closed and bursting open as you "poof" pause then simply say, "be gone." works great.
Loved this list!!
Really good list. I will keep this all in mind.
If I promise to be quiet will you take me to Disneyland?? :)
"Gasp - what's that in the backyard?'
Adorable pics!!
oh, I see. Now you write the "do not" list. You're about 12 years too late on some of these for me. LOL
Great list!
These were great! I was crackin' up!
I have actually told them to go find dad while he's trying to get something done...it's quite hilarious!
Haha, I agree. Hmmm, what are we supposed to do then??!!!!!
omg hilarious. I'll have to remember to NOT do these things with Tristan...or maybe I will!
The wisdom of Mama Kat strikes again! Funny ... as always.
it get's quiet it means trouble.
Work from home India
Hahaha, so funny! By the way, you're pretty. It's kind of nauseating ;P
Post a Comment