Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Living Room aka Fort Fun

This time of year is really hard for me. I usually get a bad case of the hum drums of winter and kids get a big bad case of cabin fever.
It gets increasingly more difficult to find things to do with the kids. But on a rare occasion, I do come up with a good idea.
Since the kids love to climb on and around all the furniture, why not
rearrange the living room and make a fort?

There was even a very special bridge at the end.
Watch out guys, he has been known to tickle.


Now go, grabs some sheets and blankets, rearrange the furniture and make a fort for yourself.
I promise that fun will be had by all.



Brought to you by Wordful Wednesday at SeVen cloWn CirCus.

40 comments:

cat said...

Oh Jen, that looks like great fun. In actual fact, my living room gets dismantled all the time. Even if we are not building forts.

Susie said...

Looks like lots of fun:-)

Amy McMean said...

That looks like a blast. I remember making forts when i was a kid.

Sandy said...

I know what you mean. Being stuck inside is the pits! It looks like you are making the best of it though!

Hootin Anni said...

I so remember doing this kinda thing with our kids too. So much fun.

My Wordful is full of it....well, at least the 'kids' fascination of it all. Come see what I mean if you can find time today. Happy Wednesday!!

Sarah said...

How fun! What a great rainy/cold weather day idea!

Kelly Deneen Raymond said...

I love building forts! Some of my fondest childhood memories are of building forts and playing in them. so sweet! :)

CaraBee said...

What a great idea! I loved building forts when I was a kid, I can't wait to watch my daughter enjoy them, too!

Allison said...

I love it! My brother and I used to build forts all the time and now my kids are starting to do it, too! So fun, and I love the bridge!!!!

Unknown said...

Oh, you're such a good mama! What a good idea! Great Jen's think alike :)

Nina said...

That is cute!!! Winter can really start to bring things down. Just think Spring is right around the corner. Yeah!!!

Heather said...

We have a sectional couch. No rearranging for us :(

We do make forts at Mamaw's house, though. Lots of fun!

Unknown said...

Forts are awesome fun! Maggie loves to go "underneath!" We are just training her for her first real camping trip this summer.

tiarastantrums said...

oh I think your hubs is having way too much fun

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

So much fun! My boys still love to do that.....

And I wanna know how you make the little picture collages!!!

Aunt Julie said...

Aren't these the same kids who made up the game jumping from the coffee table to the cushions? You've got a lot goin' on over there!

Lula! said...

I love a good fort...they're favorites at our house. But what I'm also loving is that fab display of pictures/mirrors you have on that one wall. Girl...that's awesome!

Honey Mommy said...

What a fun idea. We may have to try it... not today because the sun is actually shining! I think we might be able to go outside!

Mariah said...

My kids make forts all the time too. I love forts

Cookie said...

My kids are 5 and 6 and they still love making these forts! At least we know the couch is well protected ;)

♥ Becky ♥ said...

Love it. I remember doing that with my kids when they were younger. It was so much fun!!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Love the bridge. Forts are always fun!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

fort and house are brooke's fav things. jada plays along, but freaks at the dark. love it!

Blythe said...

I would TOTALLY play in that fort. And have also made many such forts myself, but as a child and as a nanny. It's a great thing!

Jennifer said...

That is a great idea! My kids love nothing more than taking all the cushions off all the sofas and making forts!

Allison said...

I just recently did this with my kids too! - I forgot to take pictures though! It is definately a good time - takes care of the cabin feever for a little while.

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

We love building forts around here too! Maybe we'll do that this afternoon! Thanks for the inspiration!

Nicole said...

I resorted to a mini exercise trampoline and one of those inflatable jump houses to help get rid of the excess in the house all the time winter energy.

momma said...

what a great idea and so much fun!!!

Kathy B! said...

See how smart you are?! Forts can conquer any boredom!! We have some of those collapsible pop-up square things (boy, I hope yo know what I'm talking about) so that we can add extra square footage to the forts and turn them into mazes.. cardboard boxes are my other never fail boredom busters :)

Julie said...

I always loved making forts as a kid! Great bridge!

wife.mom.nurse said...

I am blogging from my fort right not ;)

Heather of the EO said...

I'm so with you on the winter cabin fever funky blues. blech! Great idea. A fort it is. Right after the dance off :)

Jenni said...

Oh FUN! I think maybe we should do that here tomorrow!

Hippomanic Jen said...

That does sound like fun, and even better that Dad had to play with the kids while Mum had some time off?

Karen said...

I love to play fort with kids.

Anonymous said...

Yeah Jen ! Between living room forts and dancing out the funk, I have got myself some great ideas today!!

Happy hum drum day!

Anonymous said...

I wanna play fort too!

This used to be one of my favorite things as a little girl. And now I see my son wanting to do the same thing. And Dad forts are the best!

Unknown said...

Oh yes, a fort is a wonderful indoor activity!! We like to put our little tent at the end of ours...

Looks like everyone had a blast! : )

debi9kids said...

Great way to make the most of a dreary winter day!

Happy WW!