Monday, May 25, 2009

Life is Full of Lessons

There is the pungent odor of bleach following through the house.

Why does the house smell like bleach?

Because bleach was used to clean up the bathtub after it was used as a toilet.

What would cause a nearly 5 year old boy, who has been potty trained for almost 3 years, to poop in the bathtub?

Perhaps it was the fact that his Mommy let him eat is body weight in watermelon for lunch.





Mommy has totally learned her lesson.

30 comments:

Lani said...

*effects of watermelon, duly noted*

ginny said...

thank you for sharing your lesson!! note to self: do NOT let my kiddos eat their weight in watermelon...
e.v.e.r!

cat said...

Oh I had it last summer with The Little Miss and litchis. We had to restrict her to 10 a day - she used to eat her weight in it. I am just so jealous that you guys are having summer holidays.

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

Hahahaha....same thing has happened to my kids.

And blueberries.....middle child ate so many that his poop was a blue/purple colour. To this day oldest child will not eat blueberries because he is terrified of having a blueberry poop!

Lula! said...

Bless his heart. Don't judge.

And a poop-filled tub is the worst. For sure.

Zip n Tizzy said...

But how can you resist that face.
He looks SO happy!

Jenn said...

Poor guy!! I bet he felt SO bad! But funny!! HAHAHAHA!

MIITB said...

Haha, nothing more disgusting than fishing poop out of a bathtub. Although, nothing was more funny in hindsight than watching my kid freak out cause he couldn't get away fast enough from the floating poop in the bathtub.

momma said...

LOVE that last picture! he enjoyed the watermelon, the first time :)

thanks for sharing this lesson with us!!

The Wrenns said...

Wow--can't say that one has happened in this household...yet! I'll try to remember this!

Unknown said...

Oh!! Mental note taken. My kiddos love fruit...and we try to be careful about how much they eat at once. I'll be sure to watch the amount of watermelon this summer!

Heather of the EO said...

Oh. No. Sorry, Mom! Sometimes we too have to learn the hard way...

Schmoochiepoo said...

Note to self: Ration the watermelon to avoid 'submarines in the tub'.

Thanks for the tip. LOL!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Okay, note to self, don't allow kids to consume copious amounts of watermelon. Got it.

Amy said...

LOL, but obviously he enjoyed eating it! Too bad it didn't seem to enjoy him. :P

Unknown said...

LOL...it almost looks like it was worth it for him. Sorry about that...but glad you learned your lesson!

CaraBee said...

Ew. We've had one "code brown" in our house. I will definitely remember how watermelon effects young stomachs. Yikes.

BBB said...

Oh... wow....

Poor guy...

My house smelled like bleach once... cause we had bit of a clogged drain in the basement and the ex thought pouring bleach down it would help... then it backed up... bleach water... all over the laundry piles on the laundry room floor. That was a great day.

Not.

CynthiaK said...

Ahah! Note to self: keep the watermelon consumption to a minimum...

That's one cute little watermelon eater, though. ;-)

Blythe said...

I hear you learn something new every day...

Kelly Deneen Raymond said...

Ahhh. Good to know. And yuck!! Poor you. :(

tiarastantrums said...

better you than me!! hee hee - and sorry for you)

Unknown said...

OMG LOL...OK sooo not funny but....

Love the photos...I guess you should be happy it happened in the bathtub & not on the carpet... ewwww.

Emily said...

From the look on his face, I would say he thinks it was worth it! And at least you know your bathroom is completely clean! lol

Anonymous said...

Oh Wowzers! That doesn't sound like much fun for either of you!

Caitlin said...

oh. I am so so so sorry.

Jill said...

Awesome!! My daughters LOVE watermelon, though I'll definitely give them a limit as to how much they can eat. I don't need any more poopy around here if I can help it!

Anonymous said...

I have similar picture of Aidan inhaling watermelon. He looks positively giddy in that last pic!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Soooooo, was he in the tub when the urge hit or it was just quicker to unload in there then the toilet? Hah, sorry, but that's just funny...............

Michelle said...

thanks for that! I always try to limit it and now I know why.