Monday, February 2, 2009

Yup, I Really Do Love that Man.

One of the many reasons that I love my husband.....

The other night, Jeff and I went to an informational meeting about kindergarten. I thought it was really informative and I was to get a lot of my questions answered about this next step in Hayden's life.

Later in car on the way home, I asked Jeff what he thought about the meeting?

Me: So what did you think?

J: Yeah, it was good but it didn't learn anything new. Hayden is going to do fine.

Me: Yeah, but it was still nice to hear about what a school day will be like and all the things that he will learn.

J: Umm, Well, I got kinda bored with what she was saying so I started looking around the room, checking out all the other women that were there.

Me: What?

J: Sorry, I was just looking around and I couldn't help but notice the other women.

Me: Why because they were all SO hot?

J: Actually, it was just the opposite. I was looking around at them and I realized that I was sitting next to the hottest mom in the room.

Me: *snicker*

J: No, I mean it! You were the hottest one there! The other mom's there were no where near your level of hottest. You actually care about how you look and I like that. You always try to look nice and put together and it shows.

Me: Wow, thanks.

J: No problem.





*sigh* Totally forgiven.

37 comments:

Unknown said...

How can you not keep him? Comments like that are worth far more than a frilly valentine, flowers, or a box of chocolates (no matter how good they are!) Incidentally, he's right, you are always careful about your appearance. It's nice to know that he notices. What a guy!

Susie said...

Nice save:-) He was really headed for the doghouse, wasn't he?

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

LOL that totally sounds like something my husband would say. Now the real question is... was it a quick save or genuine? I hope it was genuine :)

Unknown said...

LOl I think this is a convo all hubbys and wives have.

mommy nurse said...

Sounds like he is pretty put together himself! To the hottest couple, I'm sure you will be the coolest parents in Kindergarten next year!

momma said...

wow! what a sweetie!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like your hubby is a wise man!

Jenn said...

So that comment buys him like 100 "man bucks". He can trade them in and not get in trouble later!!

Such a sweetie!!

Cristin said...

He needs to come teach my hubby how it's done... All I would have heard about was which mommy had the biggest boobs...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting. You have Jeff well trained. But I bet he meant every word.

Kindergarten is so much fun, I'm sure Hayden will love it.

Zip n Tizzy said...

What a smart (and sweet) man!

Now, hopefully Hayden won't be as bored by his teacher as his father was!

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

Yay for your hubby! Youre a lucky gal!

Kelly said...

He's a keeper! You've trained him well!

Unknown said...

IS that true preciousness? I hope you rewarded his good behavior later :)

Shannon said...

Such a good man. Hang on to him! Good ones are hard to find ;)

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

awww, what a sweet guy! you are one lucky woman!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

i'm telling you, that jeff, rocks my face off! and aren't we both so lucky to have those awesome hubs that have a deep dire passion for us, in spite of what we must feel for ourselves. i'm still working on that part!

Aunt Julie said...

Isn't it great to hear that he still thinks you're "hot"?

Honey Mommy said...

What a sweet man! My hubby would definitely score points with me for that one!

Heather said...

Awww!

He definitely gets some brownie points for that one.

(And maybe a little somethin-somethin later, hmmm?)

Just a thought.

Hippomanic Jen said...

He's either a very quick thinker, or he meant it.

April said...

awwwwwwwwwww! sounds like something my husband would say to get out of trouble ;-)

Heather said...

That is THE cutest thing ever.

Karen said...

That is so sweet. I am usually the one to point out the hawt women to the RS. I don't why I do it. OK, yes I do. I like to watch him squirm because then he's afraid if he looks he'll get in trouble. I could actually care less if he looks.

Unknown said...

Aww he did good. He sounds like a keeper.

Tiffany said...

Oh that sweet, sweet man.

Gretchen said...

What a man, What a man, what a man, what a mighty good man...

Princess Abigail said...

Um ...
... would it be rude of me to ask if I could borrow your hubby for a while?

I know a man who bears the same name as myself who could do with some training!

tiarastantrums said...

lucky you - I NEVER get compliments!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Oh, you are a lucky woman. But then again, he sounds like he is the lucky man!!!!

CaraBee said...

Oh yeah, he's a keeper!

Anonymous said...

Can I love him too?! Just a little bit? How sweet!

Julie said...

Awww...how sweet!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like he's been reading the husband handbook. Tell him to send a copy to my hubby!
Welcome from the Welcome Wagon!

Jennifer said...

He definitely knows the right things to say!

Susan said...

Wow. I would pay good money to hear that from my hubby. You picked yourself a good egg.

Unknown said...

How freaking sweet... I think you hubby needs to have a little talk with my hubby & show him how it is done