Friday, April 10, 2009

Blog Farts


Blog Fartsnoun. Def: Crappy ideas that are too short to make a real blog post, but when combined, join forces to make one unified, albeit half assed, post.
Definition coined by Jaci.



Do you ever get those ads in the mail from Victoria's Secret for a free panty? This always just cracks me up. I really don't know why but I do know that there is no way that the panty in the ad that is suppose to be free with cover my mommy butt. And I always imagine women at the store with the 20 ad coupons trying to get 20 panties for free.


I want to be cute and trendy but I just don't have the energy or the waist line. I see some other mommies out there with their fashion forward clothes and the designer bags but as much as I try it is just not me. Give me an over sized tee-shirt and scrubs any day.


Is there ever going to be a day when all 4 of my children listen to me the first time that I say their name? Am I going to be doomed to call them all at least twice sometimes as many as five times before they will listen? And will certain babies ever stop running away from me when I am coming for them to put their shoes on so that we can go some where?


Did you know that there is a whole Lifetime Movie Network? All Lifetime movies all day every day. So if you are in need of a good cry at a half way decent movie now you have a place to go. My mom is a big Lifetime movie watcher. Me, I just don't get it. Its like there is just too much estrogen or something.


Jake hates to get his diaper changed. He wiggles and squirms around every single time he needs to be changed. That being said, it is rather ironic that he is the child that poops the most and therefore needs the most diaper changes.


Hayden gave this warning to the babies the other day. "You guys need to listen and obey or you will be in this cage. I am going to leave it here so you will remember."
Well I appreciate his help, I have no idea how he is going to follow through and we all know its all about the follow through.


I could really stand to loose a few pounds, well maybe more than a few but I HATE dieting and exercise. There is just too much good food out there and I just love to eat it. It occurred to me the other day that my waist line would be much thinner if I just followed the eating habits of my children, you know the eating habits that I instilled in them.
I give them good foods to eat like fruits and veggies, whole grains, lean meats and low fat foods. When given the choice over a cookie or fruit they usually pick the fruit. I just don't get why it is so hard for me.
When I was pregnant, I actually lost weight because I was eating so much better. Why could I do it then and not now. Is it not important for me to take care of myself now so that I will be around for a long, long time?
Why is it so hard to care for myself?



So there you have it, my blog farts. Sorry that last one was a longer fart. These are ideas that have been swimming around for a while in my head and I just couldn't get them developed into a full post. It was good to get them out but now it kinda stinks in here.

39 comments:

Anonymous said...

My son eats better than i do too. He's rather have a banana than a cupcake.

I wonder at what point that changes?

Kathy B! said...

That's a good question! Why is is so hard to take care of ourselves?! The kids are certainly doing fine... and I'm eating ice cream :)

Unknown said...

I love the cage, that's so cute. I will hide and eat sweets in the house while the kids are around if it makes you feel any better!

Kim said...

that's an accomplishment that your children would choose healthy food over junkfood. I am trying but failing sometimes on that front.

You should follow my blog too:)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I totally relate to you. I wish we were neighbors, hun. Fo' realz.

I ate sooooo much better when I was pregnant. Junk food made me feel sick, chocolate was totally gross, and I craved CABBAGE SOUP. (Yeah, you read that right.) Now? I weight as much as I did when I was 9 months preggers. (Yeah, you read THAT right, too.)

The free Victoria's Secret panty wouldn't cover my butt either. And it would probably dig into my hip fat and make panty rolls. (YUM.) Also? The free panty is always white...and I hate white underwear. Let's put a big, white, shinny spotlight on the biggest part of my body! And I'll strut around in front of my husband! Hawt.

Brandy said...

I skip the free panties too. VS doesn't do anything for me...mostly because I cannot fit anything in there, but those are just details.

My favorite thing about the LMN is that they don't wait until the next hour or 1/2 hour to start another movie, so the times are totally random.

Hayden has a creative take on discipline...I like it!

Kelly Deneen Raymond said...

I love this idea! ha!

I have been guilty of watching the LMN, but we had to cut way back on cable. I don't have it anymore. ;)

And I know what you mean about eating right. I know what I should be eating, but it is hard to actually do it!

Susan said...

I am the same way about my eating habits. Butterbean is only given the healthiest of food choices (well, usually, that is), but I cannot stand most healthy foods. The thing is that she does not yet pay too much attention to what I eat. But those days are soon coming to a halt. I want to set a good example for her. I need to set a good example for her. Time to straighten up my act.
Blah.

Shannon said...

Hayden and his cage... too funny!

I hate diet & exercise, too. Sigh.

Lani said...

I always ask myself the same thing about my kids eating habits vs mine.. I feed them healthy, organic, fresh fruits and vegetables and I eat cheese and crackers and whatever junk I can eat while standing up.

And my three hate having their diapers changed too! UGh- it drives me nuts. I always end up sweating and frustrated by the time I'm done with a round of changes.

All My Monkeys said...

I can so totally relate to all your "farts." THough, my avoider of diaper changes doesn't run, she just clamps her knees together so I can't get the diaper off, or then on. It's a game. I don't like to play. And I would like to be a little more fashion forward, but I am a prisoner to comfort. So a "cute" T and "cute" jeans?

Well, I think I'll go make myself a nice sugary cup of coffee and sneak my coffee cookies while I feed my children a healthy breakfast of cereal and fruit. :D

Danyele Easterhaus said...

diet and exercise suck...i agree!

Shawn said...

Ha! Love blog farts...I have those floating around also.

So with ya on so many of those things. I'm eating Krispy Kreme donuts and my youngest says "Nah, I'll just go get an apple." What? We share the same DNA?

I'm bigger than I've EVER been. But the donuts are calling...and calling...and calling....

Julie said...

Love the blog farts...glad it has a name!

Claremont First Ward said...

I LOVE food too. It's my undoing. There shouldn't be such yummy stuff out there. :) I loved your blog farts today. I wonder if all of my kids will listen to be one day too? :)

shortmama said...

I am so with you on the diet/exercise thing. I love to eat and hate to exercise, which leaves me, well fat! Ugh!

Diana said...

Great post!!! I love this idea! Instead of "Random thoughts by Jack Handy" from Saturday Night Live (did you ever see those?) I felt like I was watching "Random thoughts by Jen" it was like being a fly on the wall...but in your head. Tell Hayden I love the cage - too funny! :-)

Blythe said...

Love the cage. That's hilarious.

I once closed the children in the poodle's kennel (yes, they wanted to be locked in; no, I was never out of arm's reach of the lock). In fact, later that day the DEMANDED that they be locked in it when their dad came home.

Of course, I obliged.

They wanted to wait, in the cage, locked up, until he got home.

I refused.

They did, however, scramble into the kennel as soon as they heard his car in the driveway. He was not surprised to find them in a dog cage.

So the long and short of it is... sometimes cages turn out to be a good rainy-afternoon sort of thing...

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

my waist line suffer from my love affair with food as well, i like good food. what can i say?

also, can you have hayden bring the cage here?

CaraBee said...

Sophie fights the diaper changes, too. It is maddening. Especially the poopie ones. I'm desperately trying to get her diaper changed fast enough that we don't get poop all over me, her and whatever surface I'm changing her on.

Being more healthy is a work in progress around here. I will say that I have been making recipes out of Cooking Light magazine and so far they are really good. Believe me, I am all about the fatty, carb loaded foods and I am satisfied by this stuff. And the recipes aren't that hard, either. Give it a try.

KatBouska said...

I LOVE these kinds of posts!

I LOVE Hayden's cage idea...brilliant.

I LOVE eating too and thank my lucky stars I was blessed with decent metabolism and height! But going for walks is not hard...and cutting out a cookie is do-able. Baby steps. I can't believe how much better I feel about myself when I'm happy with my weight.

And Kainoa is RIGHT there with the squirmy diaper changes and I'm always like "sorry bud! I'm not happy about it either! If you'd stop pooping so much we'd both be happy."

Butt he keeps pooping.

Heather of the EO said...

blog farts...

hilarious.

At the end of the day, isn't it so hard to take care of ourselves because we're too tired to even formulate the sentence "I should eat well" in our brains?

I know it would help me to JUST DO IT. I'd be a happier mom to have had some exercise, but I just don't do it much.

Cause I'm tired.

But it would make me feel less tired.

Yes, but I'm tired.

Ugh...

Nicole O'Dell said...

That cage is hilarious!

Allegro ma non troppo said...

I love the cage, and leaving it out as a reminder is brilliant.

I'm battling against Food Gifts. Given a choice, I'll always eat healthy, but the amount of chocolate and other rubbish that people push at me beggars belief.

Real friends give other friends CARROTS, not Tim Tams.

Gretchen said...

Do I even have to explain why I eat cookies and ice cream in hiding? I will NOT let the kids see me eating unhealthily, unless they too are partaking. It will just induce too much "MOOOOMMMMM can't I have some TOO????"

And, I will tell you YES your children will listen the first time eventually but it will take some very harsh, very painful consequences. We are talking, throwing away a toy or taking away a special playday or another special privilege. My kids aren't perfect but they listen decently. It is a result of many tears on their part and mine. You're right - it's all about the follow through. Threats are just lip service. Action is the real beast. And I think I just might hate it even more than the kids do.

Jenners said...

I love your farts! (And that is probably the only time in my life I've said that!)

I so hear you on the eating thing ... I preach a lot to my son but totally don't do it!

Unknown said...

I'll bet your free panty looks awesome with your scrubs!!!!

I've been exercising VERY regularly and hard core for about 8 months now. I just decided it was something I needed to do. But it still sucks. I have to force myself to do it everyday. I always feel good when I'm DONE but I yell at my tv the entire time I'm doing it. It's the only way I get through it.

As for dieting-well we started doing that about 8 months ago as well. Except diet is a forbidden word at our house. It's our new healthier way of life. And it really REALLY sucks for about a month. I mean seriously sucks. But we found that if you stick with it that after about a month you actually crave sweets and fatty foods less. And when you do "cheat" and have some you are satisfied with way less. It's true, I swear.

Well, except for this week when I've been totally stressed and PMSing and who know what else all at once and I've totally been binge eating and loving every minute of it. Wonder if it's going to totally suck again trying to re-convince my body to eat healthy once again?

Rhea said...

I love Hayden's cage idea. What a sweetie pie!!

Victoria's Secret stopped covering my bum and bussom LONG ago.

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

Holy cow! I am laughing hysterically at the cage bit. Seriously - where do they come up with this stuff?

And I'm with you on the whole when will they listen and stop running from your shoes! thing. Aahhh... and I only have one to keep up with.

Jennifer said...

Those were fun Jen!

I too hate dieting and exercising--but I *try* to force myself. I'm not always successful though...I wish I could take the fruit over the cookie too!!!

Jill said...

My problem is that I eat everything off my kids plates that they don't... and then I eat my own meal. And I hate exercise too - which is the antithesis of my husband!

Scary Mommy said...

I hear you--- I stress over the kids getting their veggies and I haven't consumed one all week. It's so much easier to care for others.

Jenni said...

Blog farts! LOVE it!

I a am horrible eater!

Emily said...

Too funny! I actually am the woman with the 20 ads trying to get 20 free Vicky's panties! I'm a sucker for VS. And I hear you on the diet and exercise. I'm the worst at making good food choices...which means that I excersice like crazy to stay in shape. I'd rather run an extra mile than pass over a cupcake!

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

I laugh everytime I get one of those in the mail! It's ridiculous! lol!

LOVE the cage!!!! hahaha!

Karen said...

I love this post! All my post are like this, I think.

If Hayden figures out how to make that work....let us know. I could use a class.

Cristin said...

Blog farts... that's great... I'll have to steal this idea....

Susie said...

Too funny!!

tiarastantrums said...

LOVE that cage!!