This is a conversation that Jeff and I had in the car the other day. Why is it that the car brings the weirdness out of the men in my life? And why do they feel the need to share it with me?
Jeff: Do you know what I would do if I won the lottery?
Jen: No, What?
Jeff: I would drain all the water out of Loch Ness and prove once and for all that Nessie does or does not exist.
Jen: silent
Jeff: Then I would build a whole Nessie themed amusment park with sweet rides and roller coasters. And we would serve Nessie burgers.
Jen: Wait? What? Nessie burgers?
Jeff: Well, if Nessie does exist then I would make burgers out of her and serve them at the theme park and they would be gooooood.
Jen: Why wouldn't you just keep her alive and let people see her? I bet that you would make more money if you had an exhibit where people could come and see her.
Jeff: Well, if I did that then I would have to deal with PETA and laws and stuff. I just don't want to got there. It will be easier just to make burgers out of her.
Jen: silent
Jeff: Do you want to know what else I would do with the money?
Jen: still silent
Jeff: I would have the only fire department that put out fires with fire....
Jen: What!?! Ok, thats enough. You're done. I am not listening to you anymore. And just so you know, if we ever win the lottery, I get to control how we spend the money.
There it is, Jeff at his finest. But at least now you don't have to wonder where Hayden gets his imagination. He comes by it naturally. It is in his genes.
Amusing Back To School Notebooks
1 day ago





43 comments:
I love all the strange car conversations.
Very funny.
Oh my word! That's hilarious.
Nessie burgers?
Isn't that thing prehistoric? Tougher than brisket, I bet.
Ew.
WHAT A HOOT! Jeff's nuts!
That is so funny! The car brings out the crazy because you are a captive audience:-)
Hilarious. How to men find time to think about make these elaborate plans!?
Too funny!
Although, I'd much rather the car convo than the stink-bomb farts I have to deal with when Andy is driving, where he kindly locks the windows so we call can get a good whiff.
I won't eat Nessie, but I am curious as to whether she's there or not...
And men are from Mars.... I'd love to see Nessie though.
Nessie burgers? Um, yeah, if we come to visit, can you be sure Jeff doesn't cook?
My hubby and his brother used to have HOURS LONG conversations about "what if..." "What if the world was gonna get blown up in one hour? How would you stop it?" We lived in D.C. at the time so these conversations always included Metro tunnels and secret passages in the White House. Oh, and they (the boys) always ended up with super powers, too. LOL. I haven't thought about that in a long time.
And you think Aaron is "different"!! LOL!!!
My husband has the if we win the lotto talk at least once a week....if we ever do win I think he would be able to spend it all in a week tops...I have learned to just let him talk and say, "yeah, sure." Nessie burgers is better than dealing with PETA, though. lol
"Nessie burgers"...LOL!!!!!
you are right - definate wierdness!
lol
I'll pass on the Nessie burgers too...I think my hubby would join your on this wacky adventure... men are so strange...
Men are weird.
That is all.
We have done the "what if" but it never involved Nessie or a Fire Dept.
That has GOT to be the BEST conversation EVER!
Too funny! At least he keeps you laughing!
Haha! I was on board until the "Nessie Burgers!" YUCK!
Oh, dear Lord. It isn't just my husband then. It's all men. What the heck!?
I hear lake monsters taste like chicken.
Wow, even more scary would be that he has put some much time and thought into this.
I would definitely come to the Nessie display, only if he/she were actually alive though, and I could NEVER eat a Nessie burger!
maybe one day i'll understand the way the male mind works...until then i'll just continued to be mystified!
Fight fire with fire...I like it. Very....inspiring.
Wait, was that a conversation with your husband or the oldest son? :)
Deep. Very Deep. Kinda reminds me of my husband.....
I betcha Nessie needs a lot of salt. Just seems like Loch Ness Monster would be better with a little sea salt kick!
Hallie
That is hilarious. Your hubby sounds like a very interesting guy... good thing you have established now whos controlling the money when ya the lotto :)
BTW I tagged you in meme today. I would really love you to repost it, but will pull through if ya don't :)
You go, Jeff. Hold on to those crazy dreams. :) Jen, let him have his fun. After all, are you really planning on winning the lottery anyway? LOL Stopping by from SITS.
Oh dear, he's a big dreamer isn't he?
Your husband is a character! Nessie burgers...
Hi Jen!! Good thing Mama Kat sent us over to this one. It is hilarious! Sounds like a children's book. Might be as profitable as winning the lottery! Glad you have your blog copyrighted!
She sent people over to one of my long and reflective posts. I hope they don't fall asleep. ;-)
This cracked me up! I love it! I like the way your husband thinks. Someone really should drain that damn lake once and for all!
OMG that is funny! I can't wait to see you guys on the news....not because you won the lottery but because you are serving nessie burgers!
I don't usually laugh out loud at bog posts - even in the funniest ones, I'm sorta laughing on the inside.
But every now and then one makes me really LAUGH. And this was one.
You can't half tell that Jeff and Hayden are really closely related. Weird thing is: going by that logic, Nat must be some close cousin or something.
When I said "bog posts," I wasn't being disparaging.
I was just being my usual pregnant, absent-minded, fumble-fingered self.
I do NOT, repeat do NOT consider your blog a "bog." Unlike my mind.
This best part of this post? The fact that you will control the money.
Doing so would ensure the natural balance of the world.
-Francesca
Nessie burgers? LOL--what an imagination! It sounds like there's never a dull moment in your house--even the car rides!
I love it. Nothing better than car chatter. Doesn't it make you want to go on a cross country car trip with him? Imagine how much you would have to blog about when you get back. :)
yeah, cuz PETA would rather he slaughter Nessie than exploit her! he cracks me up!
LOL! Hubs has said that if he wins the big jackpot that he'll build a house inside a cave, so that way he never has to see sunlight again...
men...
Hilarious! I loved this post!
Post a Comment