Saturday, December 13, 2008

There is Just Something About That First Snow

When it first starts to snow, I get really excited.
I am one of those weird people that actually likes the snow.
I really don't mind it.
Its not that I am all into winter sports, I just like the look of it.
I like the way it blankets the earth.
I like the crispness in the air and the way it smells.
I like how the moon light reflects off of it at night and seems to make the ground sparkle.
I like how quiet it makes every thing.
I just love how cozy everything is in the winter.
I just love snow.
Posted by Picasa

Please now, this is a love-hate relationship. I also have plenty of reasons for strongly disliking it. But for now, I am just going to embrace it.

27 comments:

momma said...

i love snow, too. unfortunately, we live in a place that gets little to no snow and mostly ice. i hate ice! enjoy your snow ~ i am jealous!!!

Heather said...

Oh, I love the look of a big snow. And staying inside, all snug and warm, playing cards and baking and visiting with family.

But oh how I hate driving in it. Down to the hospital 30 miles away. For a 12-hour shift, knowing I'll have to drive back through that crap when I'm exhausted. Yep, that's when I am NOT liking the snow.

Great photos, by the way. Just how many inches did y'all get?

Krissi said...

Oh I too have a child-like wonder for snow! I LOVE it, I get all excited when it starts to fall and I wish for it often during the winter. Here in AR we don't get a lot of it but when we do everything seems to shut down around us and all the world seems quiet and content :) It's magnificient :)

Susie said...

Those are beautiful winter photos:-)

Rhea said...

I'm jealous of your snow. We will get one good snow here usually...but I've only lived here a year and a half. Before, when I lived in Austin, we never got snow. RARELY.

Beautiful photos.

Jenn said...

I love snow too! You get to wrap up in the warm blankets and cuddle. Plus if we leave the window cracked open in the bedroom we get out the down comforter and wrap up at night!!! It's the BEST

Divine Chaos said...

Looking at snow, from inside my house, is not so bad. But if I have to go out in the car for anything, I hate hate hate it. I hibernate for most of the winter, 'cause I work at home and I don't -have- to go out.

If I could, I'd send you the 2 inches we got last night ... and the 3 inches from the night before

Sandy said...

I love snow! When it starts to fall, I turn into a four year old. I just wanna play in it:)

Julie said...

I LOVE snow...as long as I don't have to drive in it!!

cat said...

Stunning pictures!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

hate hate hate the snow here! booo!
but, i do like ur pics!

Nevada Marshalls said...

That's good that you like snow because you can keep all of it.

Wendy Dailey said...

And we are getting a blizzard today! Beautiful pictures!! When it gets above freezing here I will have to get some of our latest snow fall.

CaraBee said...

I am so with you! I love, love, love snow. I've always said I could live in Alaska or somewhere that gets huge amounts of snow. The husband, not so much. Of course, he's the one that has to shovel it, so I can' kind of understand.

Swift Jan said...

HOw delightful!! We NEVER get snow where I live. The coldest it gets here in winter is -2 & thats in the wee hours of the morning!!

I'd love to experience snow like that!

Unknown said...

I am not a fan of snow ... love the look of it (I agree - it is so beautiful!!), but I hate the cold!!! Unfortunately to have snow, means you have to have the freezing cold, too. If I can enjoy it by a warm fireplace with a cup of tea in my hands, then I am all for it! LOL!

Jenners said...

You so eloquently captured all the good things about snow. Walking out in the snow at night when the sky has that kind of orange glow and everything is quiet is my favorite.

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i love the first snow too, the pristine quiet of it is just beautiful!

Kristin said...

My boys have never seen snow. Can we come visit. LOL!

Aunt Julie said...

Beautiful...and I love the "free verse," too. We have a "love-hate" relationship with frozen precipitation, as well. We love it...if we don't have to go anywhere!

Jennifer said...

Pretty pics!

I love now too! Even though it can be a pain at times--I still love it!

Cristin said...

After living in Nova Scotia and Vermont... even the first snow of the season has lost its magic... I don't mind hunkering down and hibernating for the winter... but to me, the snow is just another mess I have to clean up...

Shannon said...

I like watching snow fall, too... maybe we'll get some this year! Just a little...

Karen said...

Beautiful snow pictures!! Gorgeous! Does it snow like that all season there?

Jill said...

Oh let me live vicariously through you for awhile... I so miss having seasons!

tiarastantrums said...

very pretty!!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I love it. Snow is just so magical. At least to me...probably because we never get any...