Monday, January 26, 2009

Oh That Sweet, Sweet Sound

I love this child more than life it self
but we are going on 5 days of this is and
it's getting kind of old.



Quinn, you really need to stop all this crying
or you are going to find yourself listed on ebay.

Ok, I won't list you on ebay (tempting as it maybe),
but there might be an extended visit to Grandma's in
your near future.

24 comments:

mommy nurse said...

Drugs! I sounds like antibiotics are a good start then I would add tylenol w/ a decongestant. Then if you can give kids ambien or ativan....just kidding! Hopefully they will feel better soon! Hang in there!

namaste said...

I think for the safety of all involved, a visit to Grandma might be best! ;)

momma said...

i'm so glad that i'm not the only mother who has threatened an "ebay listing" on my child! :)

jori-o said...

Aw, poor little dude =( And poor mama! It's hard to be little and not feel good! (I love how he's just got the silent cry going at first!)

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

ella? is that you?

Rhea said...

Send him to grandma, quick!

My 7 yr old came down with an ear infection last night. It was not pretty. Not pretty at all.

Jenn said...

I know how the crying can grate on the nerves. Aidan is a bit of a crier...normally. Fortunately mine isn't in stereo like at your house! I hope the kids feel better soon. As for the ativan or ambien...I'm thinking those drugs might work well for you...then the crying won't bother you. You may be sleeping however. So hey, it's a win-win!!!

Hippomanic Jen said...

Hmmm. It occurs to me that a recording of that on a loop for a 24 hour period could be used to get intellegence out of spies or military types.

Except that I'm certain that the Geneva Convention would say it wasn't nice. It's just the poor Mums who have to deal with it.

I hope it is all better soon.

Swift Jan said...

I know that sweet sound all too well also!

I hope it stops soon xx

CynthiaK said...

A very large bottle of wine.

Nuff said.

Shannon said...

I am feeling the same way about my oldest. I don't know what I'mm going to do with her!

My sister is taking the girls to her house for the week of Spring Break. Seriously, March cannot get here soon enough!


But he is a cute little bugger, huh? ;)

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

We really are all in the same boat, aren't we? Hope you get some peace soon.

Givinya De Elba said...

Lucky Grandma.

I am so sorry I haven't been commenting Jen!! I've been reading, just -you know- getting stuck at the next bit.

Unknown said...

Oh heavenly stars! Baby Jett is going through the same thing at our house. Let's trade, maybe that will help?

debi9kids said...

Awwwww... poor Quinn! My twins have been doing the same things lately :(
here's hoping tomorrow is a quieter day....

Anonymous said...

Let's see...getting into the car seat, getting out of the car seat, into the highchair to eat, out of the highchair, changing a diaper, getting in the bath, getting out of the bath, putting on shoes or any article of clothing, getting up from nap, going to sleep at night, not reading the right book, not playing with the right toy, not getting milk fast enough...and the list goes on and on. I have said it before, I have no idea how I have any hair left! But it gets better right?

cat said...

Little man C can give him a go on a good day. Good luck!

Heather said...

Oh, I feel for you, Jen. Truly I do.

Gabe is sitting here behind me insisting we watch Quinn crying again. Oh, the joy of blogging with your children...

Kristi said...

Aawwwwww. It's so sad when they can't do anything but cry! (Although it drives me crazy in the process, so I know what you mean.)

Give them some yogurt while they are on antibiotics. It will help replace their normal bacteria in their li'l bellies and reduce the diarrhea.

Kristi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CaraBee said...

Honestly, I wonder how the mothers of colicky babies don't go stark raving mad.

Susie said...

They make them cute so you don't do that:-) Hee, hee, hee.

tiarastantrums said...

poor little guy

Cristin said...

I only listened for two seconds... I don't have triplet or anything, but I listen to my share of crying... Dottie has perfected the glass shattering high pitched scream... and Graham cries about every. single. thing. It's exhausting... I'm considering selling them myself...